Concept by: Lorenzo Gaspari
SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: INTERMEDIATE
This course has been created for teachers who want to integrate educational apps into their teaching practice. Apps are an essential part of the 21st century classroom and provide many opportunities for higher level thinking in classrooms.
Participants will discover some of the most popular and practical educational apps for teaching and student learning across a wider range of subjects. They will learn how to properly integrate these apps in the classroom as a tool to support their learning. Participants will also learn the concept of app smashing and how it can enhance their teaching and student learning.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to confidently integrate a variety of apps into their lesson plans. They will have a greater understanding of app integration in both academic and non-academic settings as well as be able to use app smashing in projects.
The course will help the participants to:
- Use different educational apps in class, providing students with the best learning experience.
- Acquire a general overview of the many educational possibilities of using educational apps and the motivational dimension brought to the classroom when using them.
- Be able to choose the most suitable ones according to students’ needs.
- Master of social media, games and quiz apps.
- Foster students’ creativity and improve studying techniques using apps.
- Apps to structure information, to better analyze, comprehend, synthesize, recall and generate new ideas.
The schedule describes likely activities but may differ significantly based on the requests of the participants, and the trainer delivering the specific session. Course modifications are subject to the trainer’s discretion. If you would like to discuss a specific topic, please indicate it at least 4 weeks in advance.
Day 1 – Course introduction & technology in the classroom
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities.
- Icebreaker activities.
Technology in the classroom
- What technologies do you use in your classroom? How to integrate Mobile Devices into your lessons; Pair and group work activities.
- Presentations of the participants’ schools.
Day 2 – Being safe online
A safe use of Social Media: what to use, how to use it. Proposed apps for teachers. Activities, reflection and questions.
Day 3 – Making lessons interactive
How to use ICTs in class. Introduction of web platforms and apps that will make your lessons more entertaining and interactive. Finding, gathering and sorting online resources.
Day 4 – Games-based learning
Quizzes and educational games: Learning through game-based platforms
Day 5 – Different ways of learning
Apps for a different and comfortable way to learn. Creating visual resources to make learning easier.
Day 6 – Course closure & cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round up of acquired competences, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
Excursion and other external cultural activities.