Are you struggling to choose the right AI tool for effective use in the classroom, without spending countless hours signing up, and registering, only to realize they don’t meet your needs?
This course has been developed to equip language teachers with the knowledge to effectively integrate AI tools into their everyday work.
It will enable them to choose and utilize AI tools that streamline administrative tasks, allowing for more time to make their lesson ideas come true. Furthermore, participants will learn how to utilize AI tools to enhance students’ language skills, foster creativity, and develop critical thinking competencies.
Throughout the course, participants will learn how to provide clear prompts to AI tools to develop curriculums, lesson plans, and exams together with formative and summative assessment documents.
AI tools can be used to develop original and differentiated materials, which will help teachers personalize their teaching and give students the support to realize their full potential regardless of their language level.
By the end of the course, participants will have taken part in engaging and practical tasks and activities that will allow them to understand fully the benefits of AI for both teachers and students.
This will empower them to bring their own ideas to live according to their individual working environment.
The course will help participants to:
- Understand the basics of AI;
- Use AI for administration;
- Use AI for feedback and assessment;
- Develop original lesson materials;
- Develop differentiated lesson materials;
- Use AI to engage students in the active use of language.
Day 1 – Introduction to the course
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Icebreaker activities;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools.
Basics of AI
- History of AI;
- Why does AI matter? – discussion
Day 2 – AI and administration
- How to write effective prompts to create:
- Curriculums, lesson plans, and exams;
- Rubrics for formative and summative assessment.
- Evaluation tools supported by AI:
- Feedback and grading;
- Independent learning.
Day 3 – Creating original and differentiated lesson materials
- How to use AI tools to develop:
- Listening comprehension;
- Reading comprehension texts and tasks;
Day 4 – AI in the classroom – fostering students engagement
- Developing lesson activities to foster students:
- Critical thinking.
Day 5 – Interdisciplinary approach with AI
- Interdisciplinary tasks that include language and:
- Project presentation and discussion.
Day 6 – Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.