Is education keeping up with the pace of technological progress? Can educators effectively bridge this new digital gap and harness Artificial Intelligence’s potential with inclusion in mind? Has AI brought a definite end to the “one-size-fits-all“ approach?
This course aims to bridge the gap by introducing the participants to the power of Artificial Intelligence to engage and motivate students of specific abilities, needs, strengths, and interests, offering them equal opportunities for growth and success.
Course participants will discover strategies and resources to accommodate neurodivergent students who learn differently. Neurodivergence refers to conditions like ADHD, dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, Tourette, Autism, and others.
The main challenges encompass learning difficulties, social communication, and sensory processing. At the same time, some gifted and talented students often feel bored and not challenged enough to excel. By providing effective and timely support that works, teachers can help unlock their full potential.
Through the course, participants will get involved in hands-on activities, tailoring materials, and designing engaging collaborative tasks fostering future-proof skills such as critical thinking and creativity. They will be deeply immersed in innovative scenarios in order to experience students’ challenges and AI-driven solutions.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to deliver differentiated instruction and create personalized materials; they will learn how to help struggling readers; scaffold writing tasks; craft an effective prompt; handle content for deep learning; create thought-provoking assignments and provide higher-order-thinking questions.
They will get an AI toolkit and many innovative strategies (UDL, adaptive learning, VR, collaboration, speech recognition tools…) to enhance inclusion in their classrooms.
Moreover, participants will embrace AI tools to facilitate their everyday work, saving loads of time for meaningful (human) interactions with their students. Besides the beneficial aspects of AI, they will also engage with its limitations related to accuracy, privacy, bias, and ethical considerations.
Finally, this course will make them accept new dimensions of teaching through the power of Artificial Intelligence.
The course will help the participants to:
- Understand the benefits of using AI to enhance inclusion;
- Familiarise yourself with various AI tools and applications for supporting students;
- Gain the ability to integrate AI tools into lessons and activities to enhance student engagement and learning outcomes;
- Learn the best practices for implementing AI to cater needs of divergent and gifted students;
- Develop inclusive lesson plans integrating AI;
- Explore how AI can be used to promote critical thinking, creativity, and collaboration;
- Exploit AI tools to enhance the productivity and efficiency of their work.
Day 1 – Course introduction
- Icebreaker activities;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools;
- Expectations of the course;
- Why is it crucial to nurture human diversity and unique ways of thinking?
- How Artificial Intelligence can support inclusion?
Day 2 – Empowering neurodivergent students using AI tools
- Defining key concepts;
- AI toolkit;
- Strategies for integrating AI tools into lessons;
- Hands-on experience;
Day 3 – Unlocking giftedness with AI
- What do different minds need?
- Innovative practices delivered by AI;
- Effective use of formative assessment to unlock each student’s full potential;
- Creative AI hub;
Day 4 – Designing an inclusive AI-infused lesson plan
- Implementation of knowledge gained during the course;
- Presenting to the group;
- Peer- review vs. AI – review (discussing differences);
Day 5 – Teacher’s well-being + future considerations
- AI solutions for teacher’s stress and burnout;
- Ethical issues;
- AI-proof assessments;
Day 6 – Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance.
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.