Concept by: Levente Batár
Unfortunately, (cyber)bullying may appear anywhere, anytime. Students (and sometimes even teachers) are subjected to bullying in schools. It may lead to early school leaving and can affect the mental and physical health as well as the academic performance of individuals or whole groups of people. It is not acceptable. We have to deal with the problem and prove that there are solutions to it.
This course aims to show parents, students, teachers, and headmasters the different possibilities of prevention and intervention of daily aggression (and victimization) that occur in schools and online. The participant will learn to reduce the frequency and extent of school aggression.
Among other activities, (inside or outside the classroom) participants (individually, in pairs or in groups) will give their prepared presentations, get to know how to begin a school campaign, plan a school-based aggression prevention program together, take part in role-playing games and drama, become acquainted with conflict management strategies, shoot short videos, analyze short scenes from films, investigate participant roles in bullying situations.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to handle difficult and aggressive students, deal with bullies and help victims, know how to create an accepting and calm school atmosphere. They will be familiar with different intervention and prevention programs.
Participants to the course will learn how to:
- raise and maintain awareness of bullying;
- increase pupils’ interest and motivation towards activities with a preventive character;
- develop pupils’ communication skills;
- encourage pupils to face problems;
- develop pupils’ team spirit;
- to get the parents involved in preventing bullying;
- use educational platforms to promote bullying prevention;
- reduce the frequency and extent of school aggression;
- encourage students to take a stand against bullying;
- behave properly online.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Careers officers, educational guides and counselors; Headteachers;
- Principals; Managers of schools;
Head teacher of classroom management courses: Ilaria Barbieri
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.