Erasmus+ encourages non-teaching staff from schools, VET providers, and organizations working in adult education to travel. Yet, most courses focus on the needs of teachers and educators leaving aside those of administrators and managers!
Shouldn’t they be offered the same occasion for traveling, too?
The course focuses on the needs of administrators and managers from organizations in the Erasmus+ program of updating their digital skills and understanding of information and communication technologies (ICT).
Participants will have the time to discover and – most importantly! – practice many apps and programs that are useful for the everyday work of school and organization staff not involved in didactics.
The course will thus offer a useful occasion for digital training to participants working in administration within educational organizations.
By the end of the course, participants will expand their competencies in using a variety of apps and programs to support their daily work and feel more confident in dealing with technology in their life.
The course will help the participants to:
- Manage projects and online collaboration;
- Gather and brainstorm ideas;
- Share files, presentations, and newsletters;
- Collect feedback with online forms;
- Edit videos and create multimedia content;
- Create leaflets, posters, and flyers;
- Manage a blog.
Day 1 – Managing projects and online collaboration
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Icebreaker activities;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools;
- Our board of communication: Slack;
- Collaborative boards: Trello vs ClickUp.
Day 2 – Gathering and sharing ideas, presentations, and newsletter
- Sharing ideas practically with Miro;
- Managing Google Drive;
- Microsoft SharePoint pt.1: how it works;
- Microsoft SharePoint pt.2: let’s build a newsletter page.
Day 3 – Collecting feedback with online forms
- Feedback is important: let’s get on Google Forms;
- Sharing notes and alerts with Evernote.
Day 4 – Video-editing? Creating multimedia material and presentations
- Practical video tutorials with OBS;
- How to make simple presentations pt.1 with Prezi;
- How to make simple presentations pt.2 with Sway.
Day 5 – Creating leaflets, posters, and flyers and managing a blog
- Creativity at its finest with Canva: leaflets for our school;
- Your school blog with Edublog.
Day 6 – Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion.
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance.
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.