Creativity, expression, and writing are crucial elements of young people’s education.
While these skills seem to be often constrained by the increasing digitalization of our world, modern technology can provide educators with effective tools to involve students in inspiring creative writing tasks.
Mastering these new tools is essential for teachers if they are to speak the same language as their young learners, who are digital natives.
The course will help teachers improve their capacity for digital storytelling by instructing them on the use of the most effective applications and software.
Attendees will discover how to create and edit videos, as well as how to add sounds, graphics, and narrations to projects, using easy and effective tools such as Microsoft Photos and Weebly.
By the end of the week, participants will have acquired skills to create audio-visual stories with the support of a variety of ICT tools. They will have created their own project and will be ready to effectively incorporate digital storytelling in their educational programs.
Concept by: Ilaria Barbieri
Participants to the course will learn to:
- Use ICT tools to create audio-visual stories;
- Develop creative writing skills;
- Design digital stories using effective technique and methods;
- Feel more confident in creating digital projects;
- Introduce digital storytelling in teaching and educational activities.
Day 1 – Introduction to the course and Digital Storytelling
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Icebreaker activities;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools;
- First introduction to Digital Storytelling and basic notions.
Day 2 – ICT tools for Digital Storytelling
- Exploring the ICT tools in order to build your own project;
- Discorering how to create and edit videos;
- Microsoft Photos, Weebly and Canva.
Day 3 – Infographics
- What is an Infographic?
- Infographics templates;
- Charts, tables and graphs.
Day 4 – Audio-video effects
- How to put sounds effects and voice narrations;
- How to effectively edit audio- visual stories.
Day 5 – Digital project presentations
- Build your own project;
- Practical experience: share your own digital story;
- Discussion and questions.
Day 6 – Course closure & cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.