Concept by: Lorenzo Gaspari
SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: INTERMEDIATE
This course allows teachers to discover the enormous power of the Microsoft 365 platform, revealing tools and techniques, which they can incorporate into their teaching.
The course will cover all the most relevant programs of the Microsoft family: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Sway, Stream, One Note, Teams, One Drive and Share Point.
Although applications such as Word and PowerPoint are already widely used, participants will learn how to harness the more advanced techniques of the classic tools. Excel is often vastly underestimated, so teachers will discover how to analyse data in a faster and more effective way, learning how to filter and format spreadsheets, and automate functions with the use of macros.
Sway is a relatively unknown program, and this course will demonstrate how to create impressive interactive presentations for use in the classroom, with a focus on the simple process of sharing them with students and colleagues. In addition to these presentations, Stream allows teachers to create a dynamic video database as a platform to share video lessons and content with students in a more controlled manner.
One Note is an extremely useful to tool which allows participants to deliver lessons to their classes in a more interactive way, creating stimulating and interesting content for your students. Teachers will also become familiar with Teams, an application which connects students and colleagues in group conferences, enabling clear and effective communication between separate groups.
The course will also show participants how to use One Drive as a powerful cloud storage space, allowing teachers to access their content everywhere. Finally, it will be revealed how to use SharePoint to create websites for use as a sharing platform for all educational content.
The course will help the participants to understand how to use the following tools:
- Microsoft Word, Power Point: advanced use of the classic tools
- Microsoft Excel: in depth, automated functions with macros, sharing data in proper way
- Microsoft One Note: create a full lesson plan, embedding content in your pages and share Class Notebooks and exercises with your students
- Microsoft Sway: create interactive presentations
- Microsoft Teams: organize a group video-conference
- Microsoft Stream: open, manage and use the Stream gallery to create videos to use in your classroom
- Microsoft One Drive: learn how to manage all your files from the same place
- Share Point: create a website in with you can upload files, materials, plan lessons, link a video repository, share content and receive content from your students.
- Teachers primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs
- Teacher trainers; Headteachers
- Managers of schools/organisations offering adult education.
Head teacher of ICT Courses: Iacopo Falciani
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.