Concept by: Marta Mandolini
Drawing, painting, theatre, writing are disciplines which have been connected to human being since ancient times; photography, video, ICT tools are part of our daily life nowadays.
The language of art is universal and it connects the left and the right sides of our brain, completing an experience that involves our senses, our emotions, our creative and critical thinking, and enhances the development of all life skills.
During the course participants will learn how to integrate the use of traditional arts techniques and ICT art tools into their teaching; the course is suitable for all subjects and ages taught. The course will be held both in class and outdoors.
Specifically, participants will practice: drawing and painting (doodling, traditional drawing, intuitive drawing, drawing and painting with specific App for Ipad and Android), photography (traditional and creative photography and Stop motion technique), Theater (creative writing, performing, recording if applicable). Guided imagery and meditation short techniques will integrate and complete the creative experience. Participants will be also introduced to the use of Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube to facilitate the social sharing of the proposed activities in the classroom.
Participants will be involved in an active learning process, also focusing on personal experience and self-expression, combining cognitive and emotional elements to make the learning process easier and ensure long-lasting retention of the new knowledge.
The course will help the participants to:
- Use traditional art techniques and ICT art tools in order to teach subjects in an interactive way;
- Understand how to actively maintain students’ attention and motivation throughout a class;
- Improve the use of doodling and guided imagery to stimulate creative and critical thinking, as a useful starting point in the learning process;
- Have confidence within your own creative process;
- Be able to combine the acquired techniques with the subject you teach.
The schedule describes likely activities but may differ significantly based on the requests of the participants, and the trainer delivering the specific session. Course modifications are subject to the trainer’s discretion. If you would like to discuss a specific topic, please indicate it at least 4 weeks in advance.
Day 1 – Course introduction & setting goals
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities.
- Icebreaker activities using drama for trust and ensemble building.
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant and relevant populations.
- Slides presentation, case histories and individual practical activities. Drawing (doodling, drawing and ICT art tools).
- Presentations of the participants’ schools.
Day 2 – Teaching through art
Teaching your subjects and life skills through the arts. Painting (intuitive painting and ICT tools).
Day 3 – Teaching through technology art
Teaching your subjects and life skills through the arts. Photography (traditional and ICT tools) and Stop Motion. Social sharing: Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube.
Day 4 – Teaching through social sharing
Teaching your subjects and life skills through the arts. Theatre (our character, creative writing, performing). Social sharing: Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube.
Day 5 – Put it to the test & get creative
Integrating all techniques learned and designing your own creative project.
Day 6 – Course conclusion & cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round up of acquired competences, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
Excursion and other external cultural activities.