Microsoft Office comprises a suite of essential tools widely used by professionals across various industries. However, many staff members in educational institutions, including administrative and managerial personnel, often underutilize the full potential of the entire Microsoft Office suite.
This comprehensive course is tailored for school staff members, focusing on exploring the great capabilities of Microsoft Office tools to enhance efficiency and productivity in educational settings.
During this course, participants will explore the potential of various applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, gaining practical insights into their functions, formatting options, and data management capabilities.
The course emphasizes hands-on practice to ensure participants grasp the fundamentals of each tool and develop the confidence to apply these skills in their daily tasks effectively.
By the conclusion of this course, participants will possess a proficient understanding of the essential features within Microsoft Office, enabling them to use these tools to streamline administrative tasks and optimize workflows within educational environments.
Suggested computer proficiency: Basic
The course will help the participants to:
- Efficiently navigate and utilize various applications within the Microsoft Office suite;
- Apply formatting techniques to create professional documents, spreadsheets, and presentations;
- Master time-saving shortcuts and tools for enhanced productivity in Microsoft Office;
- Manage and organize data effectively across different Office applications;
- Create visually appealing and interactive presentations using multimedia elements in PowerPoint;
- Utilize formulas and functions in Excel for accurate data analysis and manipulation;
- Streamline communication and task management using Outlook’s email and calendar features;
- Implement data security and permission settings to maintain confidentiality within the Office suite.
Day 1 – Introduction to the course
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Icebreaker activities;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools;
- Introduction to Microsoft Office: Fundamental Concepts.
Day 2 – Microsoft Word
- Exploring the functionalities of Microsoft Word for efficient document processing;
- Craft professional-looking documents with advanced formatting techniques and design tools in Microsoft Word;
- Master time-saving features and shortcuts in Microsoft Word to streamline document creation and editing processes.
Day 3 – PowerPoint essentials
- Exploring the power of Microsoft PowerPoint for engaging presentations;
- Master engaging slide transitions and animations in PowerPoint for dynamic presentations;
- Use visual storytelling techniques in PowerPoint to convey ideas effectively.
Day 4 – Outlook: organization and data management
- Managing emails, calendars, and tasks through Microsoft Outlook;
- Understanding permissions and data security protocols.
Day 5 – Microsoft Excel
- Navigating through Microsoft Excel and understanding data formats;
- Proficient data entry and editing techniques;
- Utilizing advanced data analysis tools in Microsoft Excel;
- Creating visually engaging charts and tables for effective data representation.
Day 6 – Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.
Disclaimer: Please note that the course title containing “Microsoft” is for descriptive purposes only and does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by Microsoft.