This course has been specifically designed for language teachers who want to integrate educational apps and digital tools into their methodology, practicing the latest language teaching approaches.
Participants will learn about some of the most suitable educational apps for language teaching and language learning, gaining practical experience in the best solutions to foster students’ engagement and motivation. The course will guarantee the participants the necessary knowledge to integrate these apps in the classroom as valuable tools to support each student’s learning style.
Moreover, the course will focus on digital tools that help to develop students’ language skills through music, cinema, and arts.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to confidently integrate a variety of digital tools into their lesson plans and maintain an effective learning environment in their language class.
Concept by: Federica Di Bartolomeo
“The Best Digital Tools for Language Teachers” course will help the participants to:
- Use different educational apps in a language class, providing students with the best learning experience;
- Know the best apps to enrich students’ vocabulary and comprehension;
- Acquire a general overview of the many educational possibilities of using educational apps and the motivational dimension brought to the language classroom when using them;
- Be able to choose the most suitable tools according to students’ needs and learning styles;
- Be able to use Games and Quizzes Apps in the classroom.
Day 1 – Course introduction & Google in the classroom
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities.
- Icebreaker activities using drama for trust and ensemble building.
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant and relevant populations.
Google in the classroom
- Managing your language class with Google. Blending realia and digital tools in your language class
- Presentations of the participants’ schools.
Day 2 – Apps for storytelling
Best apps to teach with Storytelling: Intro and practice. Digital tools to improve your students writing skills with fun. Best apps to teach with Comics: Intro and practice
Day 3 – Teaching language through art
Language teaching with Art and Artful Thinking Strategies: creative digital tools. Useful apps to enrich your students’ vocabulary. language teaching with online quizzes
Day 4 – Teaching language through music
Language teaching with Music: intro and practice with different apps. Grammar is fun: best games and digital tools. Best apps to improve students speaking skills
Day 5 – Teaching language through cinema
- Language teaching with Cinema: practicing with video editing. Taking it home and making it happen:
- implementing what you’ve learned
Day 6 – Course closure & cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round up of acquired competences, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
Excursion and other external cultural activities.
The schedule describes likely activities but may differ significantly based on the trainer delivering the specific session and the requests of the participants.
If you would like to discuss a specific topic, please indicate it at least 4 weeks in advance. Course modifications are subject to the trainer’s discretion.
The number and schedule of the cultural activities depend on the location, not the course; further information is available on each location webpage. The trainer will send you the definitive course schedule approximately two weeks before the course.