In today’s educational landscape, the integration of ICT tools has become a crucial need for language teachers. With the increasing demand for engaging and effective teaching methods, educators often face the challenge of incorporating technology into language teaching.
This course addresses the need for language teachers to enhance their teaching methodologies by providing a foundational understanding of accessible ICT tools.
This course will introduce participants to essential ICT tools tailored for language teaching, aiming to empower them with the knowledge and skills needed to create interactive and dynamic language learning experiences.
Participants will not only be familiar with a variety of ICT tools but also equipped to integrate them into their language teaching practices.
During the course, they will engage in hands-on activities designed to build practical skills. They will explore interactive language learning platforms to create lessons that enhance student engagement.
The course will also cover the basics of educational apps encouraging participants to facilitate collaborative language projects.
By the end of the course, participants will have gained significant competencies in designing tech-infused language lessons, fostering a more interactive and engaging learning environment.
Through this course, participants who struggled to integrate technology in their language classrooms will be transformed into tech-savvy language educators, equipped to navigate the digital landscape and meet the evolving needs of their students.
The course will help the participants to:
- Understand the basics of integrating ICT tools for more engaging language teaching;
- Master interactive platforms for gamified language lessons;
- Navigate and implement educational apps for collaborative language projects;
- Adapt ICT tools to diverse learning styles, ensuring inclusivity in language education;
- Design and deliver tech-infused language lessons for dynamic and engaging learning experiences;
- Send assignments;
- Search and share useful materials.
Day 1 – Course introduction and setting goals
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external activities;
- Icebreaker activities;
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant;
- Do you use ICT tools in your language classroom?
- Pros and cons of ICT in the classroom;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools.
Day 2 – Create your language material
- The basics: Canva and Genially;
- Search, select, and use the best template;
- Create a beautiful and engaging presentation in 10 minutes;
- Include audiovisual resources in your material.
Day 3 – Share and follow up
- What tool does your school use to communicate with the students? (Google Classroom, Teams…)
- Create and share quizzes and surveys;
- Sharing materials online;
- TedEd, EdPuzzle;
- Grammar is fun: IT tools for engaging grammar lessons.
Day 4 – Useful online tools
- Crash course.
Day 5 – Feedback
- Collect and review results;
- Digital portfolios;
- Resources to continue your ICT development.
Day 6 – Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance.
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.