In today’s educational landscape, teachers face a crucial challenge: integrating technology into their teaching. This course directly tackles the digital gap in schools by providing educators with essential ICT skills tailored for modern classrooms.
This course explains fundamental ICT concepts, empowering teachers to integrate technology into their teaching methods.
Course participants will gain a solid understanding of key ICT principles, enabling them to enhance their students’ learning by creating captivating presentations, finding and sharing useful materials, creating quizzes and games, and understanding the key principles of the use of artificial intelligence in the classroom.
During the course, participants will engage in hands-on activities, working collaboratively in groups. Participants will learn by doing: this interactive approach allows teachers to experiment with different ICT tools directly.
They’ll learn to create engaging presentations using tools like Microsoft PowerPoint, Canva, Genially, or Google Slides, discover how to create materials like quizzes or games and they will become confident in using online platforms like Google Classroom or Teams for collaborative learning and resource sharing.
The course will also explore the new world of Artificial intelligence, like ChatGPT, helping teachers understand how much it could help them in integrating ICT tools in their classes.
By the end of the course, participants will confidently use ICT tools to enrich their teaching.
They’ll acquire the skills to design interactive lessons and learn new and engaging ways to evaluate their students’ performance.
This course will boost professional ICT skills for teachers who don’t yet feel confident in introducing technology to their classrooms.
Suggested computer proficiency: Basic
The course will help the participants to:
- Send assignments, search, and share useful materials;
- Use audiovisual platforms;
- Use fun apps to make lessons more interactive;
- Learn to make exciting presentations using templates;
- Navigate the fascinating new world of artificial intelligence;
- Feel confident navigating digital tools alongside their students.
Day 1 – Course introduction and setting goals
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external activities;
- Icebreaker activities;
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant;
- Do you use ICT tools in your classroom?
- Pros and cons of ICT in the classroom;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools.
Day 2 – Engaging presentations
- The basics: Canva and Genially;
- Search, select, and use the best template;
- Create a beautiful and engaging presentation in 10 minutes;
- Include audiovisual resources in your material.
Day 3 – Share and follow up
- What tool does your school use to communicate with the students? (Google Classroom, Teams…)
- Create and share quizzes and surveys;
- Sharing materials online;
- TedEd, EdPuzzle.
Day 4 – Useful online tools
- Crash course.
Day 5 – Artificial intelligence and future challenges
- ChatGPT: threat or resource?
- What can students do with ChatGPT?
- What can I do with ChatGPT?
- Other artificial intelligence tools.
Day 6 – Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.