Concept by: Petra Candida Mundy
The global objective of preschool education is to enable children to develop qualities, abilities and values which will help them survive and thrive in the community as well as in mainstream education. But how is that possible in a system where success is largely measured by progress in subjects and academic skills?
This course will encourage you to look at infant education from a holistic perspective, concerned with the development of every child’s intellectual, emotional, social, physical, artistic, creative and spiritual potentials.
After considering practical ways of adapting current teaching methodology and mainstream materials to become more humanistic, relevant and engaging, participants will have the chance to create a project for their school that incorporates the holistic principles they have acquired.
The course will help the participants to understand how to:
- Encourage personal and collective responsibility.
- Develop Higher Order Thinking Skills in infants
- Teach and learn resilience to overcome difficulties
- Assess and evaluate ‘soft skills’
- Tackle negative interaction patterns and attitudes
- Incorporate values and ethics into preschool
- Connect infant education with the wider community
- Early childhood educators
- Infant teachers
- Preschool directors and coordinators
Head teacher of classroom management courses: Ilaria Barbieri
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.