The global objective of preschool education is to enable children to develop qualities, abilities and values which will help them survive and thrive in the community as well as in mainstream education. But how is that possible in a system where success is largely measured by progress in subjects and academic skills?
This course will encourage you to look at infant education from a holistic perspective, concerned with the development of every child’s intellectual, emotional, social, physical, artistic, creative and spiritual potentials.
After considering practical ways of adapting current teaching methodology and mainstream materials to become more humanistic, relevant and engaging, participants will have the chance to create a project for their school that incorporates the holistic principles they have acquired.
- How to encourage personal and collective responsibility.
- How to develop Higher Order Thinking Skills in infants
- How to teach and learn resilience to overcome difficulties
- How to assess and evaluate ‘soft skills’
- How to tackle negative interaction patterns and attitudes
- How to educate and include parents of preschoolers
- How to incorporate values and ethics into preschool
- How to connect infant education with the wider community
- A project designed for your school
- Early childhood educators
- Infant teachers
- Preschool directors and coordinators