Concept by: Federica Di Bartolomeo
This course will allow you to gain all the skills and tools to effectively engage and motivate your students, using the latest teaching approaches e developing your own and your pupils’ imagination.
You will learn how to integrate creative thinking and problem-solving in your lesson plan, acquiring practical experience in the best solutions and student-centered activities to foster pupils engagement and motivation. Besides, the course will provide you with the necessary knowledge to properly integrate some of the most creative digital tools in the classroom as valuable tools to support each student’s learning style.
By the end of the training, you will be able to confidently integrate a great variety of creative strategies into your lessons and to teach with a twist!
The course will help the participants to:
- Understand how to motivate students with problem-solving and creative thinking based tasks;
- Effectively engage students with visual thinking methodologies
Integrating artful thinking strategies in the learning process;
- Develop student-centered exercises and activities;
- Use apps to foster students’ creativity and engagement;
The schedule describes likely activities but may differ significantly based on the requests of the participants, and the trainer delivering the specific session. Course modifications are subject to the trainer’s discretion. If you would like to discuss a specific topic, please indicate it at least 4 weeks in advance.
Day 1 – Course introduction & how to motivate students
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities.
- Icebreaker activities.
- Presentations of the participants’ schools.
How to motivate students
- Motivating students: top strategies.
- The Science of Creativity.
Day 2 – Thinking strategies
- Promoting critical thinking among your students
- Visual and artful thinking strategies
- Designing your own visual/artful thinking project.
Day 3 – Integrating thinking strategies
- Integrating visual/artful thinking strategies in your lesson plan.
- Fostering problem-solving skills: practical games.
- Active learning through ICT: not just consumers! Becoming producers of technology (hands-on activity).
Day 4 – Enhancing through new methods
- But is it really all about motivation? New methodologies for learning enhancement.
- Enhancing Creativity through ICT tools (hands-on activity).
- Fostering problem-solving and teamwork: practical games.
Day 5 – Get creative
- Mind Mapping: taking notes is fun!
- Promoting creative thinking: practical games.
- What’s your twist? Implementing what you’ve learned.
Day 6 – Course closure & cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round up of acquired competences, feedback, and discussion.
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance.
Excursion and other external cultural activities.