The course aims to make you aware of the challenges related to applying creative methods and innovative solutions in your classroom.
If you are an instructor interested in meeting students’ needs and eager to involve your pupils in learning, this course is probably what you are looking for.
If you are an educator struggling to invent new strategies to enhance learning, this course is definitely for you! Participants will get hands-on experience connected to critical and creative thinking, ICT in education, and students’ soft skills.
By the end of the course, participants will enjoy having a set of concrete ideas on how to apply new teaching strategies to boost high-order skills in students nowadays.
The course will help the participants to:
- Improve their knowledge about students’ learning styles and ability to project teaching according to them;
- Understand: mapping techniques, visual thinking, visual teaching strategies, creative thinking;
- Adopt Projecting lessons using innovative methods;
- Evaluate complex competencies: teacher-, peer- and auto-assessment;
- Search, adapt, and manipulate visual resources as a way to develop high-order skills;
- Manage ICT tools in Education: quizzes and serious games, classroom management platforms, and online portfolios.
Day 1 – Course introduction
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Icebreaker activities;
- Key Competences in Schools and Learning Styles.
Day 2 – Creative thinking
- Motivation and Serious Games;
- Creative Thinking and Mapping.
Day 3 – Online materials
- Visual Resources in Education: VTS;
- Looking for online visual materials: Google, Youtube, Wordclouds.
Day 4 – Work and assessment
- Managing pair and group work;
- Types of Assessment (teacher, p2p, self).
Day 5 – Presentations
- Portfolios and online tools;
- Final presentations.
Day 6 – Course Closure & cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.