Concept by: Marta Mandolini
The course is designed to offer an incomparable occasion to reflect about yourself as a Teacher. It addresses both to young teachers wanting to build a long and satisfied career and to experienced teachers willing to refresh their approach to teaching.
Teaching is somehow a mission, and being a teacher is a wonderful job that doesn’t often finish when you leave the school building every day, so it can be difficult to disconnect. Teachers involved in the program will acquire a certain level of self-awareness about their role, their approach to teaching and their being part of a bigger team, in order to prevent stress and promote a healthy work-life balance, satisfaction and effectiveness.
By the end of the course, teachers will learn how to set healthy boundaries to cope with overworking, how to regulate emotions, how to use assertiveness to respond properly to colleagues, students and families’ demands, and how to maximize their strengths in order to minimize hurriedness and time wasting. They will participate in group dynamic exercises and share their experiences in an international environment, experiencing effective communication techniques, mindfulness and creative management tools.
The program of the course will follow a general structure but will actually be influenced by the topics, needs and situations that will emerge in the group, that may be different throughout different course editions.
The course will help the participants to:
- Become self-aware of your role as a teacher and what it means to be part of a bigger team;
- Promote work-life balance, satisfaction, and effectiveness in order to prevent stress in the workplace;
- Set healthy boundaries to cope with being overworked, such as fully disconnecting once the day in the classroom is over;
- Reflect and refresh your approach to teaching, while learning to maximize your strengths and build yourself as a teacher;
- Practice effective communication techniques and mindfulness, as well as experience creative management tools.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Managers of schools.
Head teacher of Arts and Wellbeing Courses: Susan Gagliano
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.