Empowerment is the process of becoming stronger and more confident in controlling our lives, claiming our rights, and expressing our full potential.
Today’s educators face unprecedented, exciting challenges, yet rarely receive proper training on how to stay motivated and thrive overtime in their careers. Lack of autonomy, support, and recognition often drain educators of energy and enthusiasm, bringing otherwise dedicated teachers to the edge of burnout.
Stress reduction, assertive communication, healthy boundaries, and a growth mindset are just some of the key ingredients that generate that amazing feeling of empowerment in the school community.
Understanding what is outside of our control and what is within our control is the first step towards greater clarity of purpose and possibility. Reflecting on our needs, inspirations, and goals will help create a personal roadmap of where we are and where we want to go.
Empowered educators are aware of what they need for their well-being, self-determination, and self-actualization, and can foster it in their learners. Through the course activities, strategies and reflections, participants create their own unique empowerment toolkit to bring back to their professional and personal lives. You deserve it!
Concept by: Susan Gagliano
The participants will be able to:
- Boost their wellbeing and self-esteem with resilience, healthy boundaries and cultivating strengths;
- Develop more effective communication and emotional intelligence skills;
- Gain motivation with a growth mindset and a renewed sense of purpose;
- Reduce stress and signs of burnout with mindfulness practices and a self-care plan;
- Identify inner and outer resources that can inspire, encourage and mentor;
- Cultivate joy, creativity and fun;
- Develop a personal and professional vision for a more hopeful future.
Day 1 – Our foundation for the course
- Getting to know our group, introduction to the course;
- Enemies of empowerment;
- Character strengths and virtues – what makes you, you.
Day 2 – The magic ingredients to greater well-being
- Motivation and the growth mindset;
- The Magic Garden: healthy boundaries and locus of control;
- Understanding ourselves through Emotional Intelligence.
Day 3 – Assertiveness and Mindfulness
- Effective communication and assertiveness;
- Learned hopefulness vs. Learned helplessness;
- Mindfulness for stress reduction, creativity, and focus.
Day 4 – Backing away from the Burnout Precipice
- Signs of burnout and how to prevent it;
- Emotional awareness and self-regulation skills;
- Self-care, self-compassion, and joy.
Day 5 – Resources and Goal Setting
- Collaboration and Mentorship;
- Goal setting and self-determination;
- Bringing it back home.
Day 6 – Course closure & cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.