Are you an enterprising teacher? Are you a curious student?
This course in Spanish Language and Culture is for you!
It will give you the chance to taste the real Spanish language and to dive into the Spanish culture, beyond academic versions or stereotypes. Moreover, it will bring a gust of fresh air to your profession: by stepping into a student’s shoes, you will observe new methods and critically reassess your professional attitudes.
You will have the opportunity to attend language courses and seminars about Spanish culture. The former includes 20 hours of morning sessions tailored to your language competencies and needs: you can start your exploration with us if you are a beginner or you can dig deeper into the most problematic and interesting issues if your level is advanced. In the afternoon, you will take part in cultural activities, guided tours, and excursions about Spanish Culture.
By the end of this course, you will have expanded your knowledge about the Spanish language and culture by observing and absorbing authentic communication practices directly on the spot, supported by local professional tutors.
Your school kit will be enriched with new tools to teach: you will be able to reflect on your profession in a more critical, productive, and enthusiastic way, compare different learning and teaching practices, and choose the one that best fits your inclinations.
The course will help the participants to:
- Improve their fluency and accuracy in Spanish;
- Become more comfortable with teaching in Spanish to non-native Spanish speakers;
- Learn about Spanish culture;
- Acquire direct experience with learning activities that involve the four basic skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) in their classrooms.
Day 1 – Course introduction and setting goals
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools;
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant and relevant populations.
Day 2 – Improving your Spanish language skills
- Spanish grammar and reading activities.
Day 3 – Improving your Spanish language skills 2
- Spanish grammar;
- Listening and comprehension activities.
Day 4 – Improving your Spanish language skills 3
- Spanish grammar and writing activities.
Day 5 – Refining your Spanish language skills
- Spanish grammar and conversation.
Day 6 – Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.