Concept by: Marta Mandolini
Positive education is challenging the traditional educational paradigm worldwide; it aims to promote well-being and happiness in a holistic perspective in the classroom and beyond, providing young people with knowledge and life skills to flourish in their present and future life. This contemporary educational approach is based on Positive Psychology, which is the scientific study of human flourishing and optimal functioning and focuses on strengths and virtues that enable individuals, communities, and organizations to succeed.
The course will introduce participants both to Positive Psychology fundamentals, presenting the most relevant international theories and references, and to Positive Education theories and techniques. During the course, participants will also be introduced to mindfulness as an opportunity to train their minds, drive attention to present moments, relax, achieve goals, and boost a certain level of self-awareness.
They will be invited to design a personal project based on positive education to share with their colleagues once they go back to school. Finally, participants will be involved in an active learning process also focusing on personal experience and self-reflection, combining cognitive and emotional elements to make the learning process easier and ensure long-lasting retention of the new knowledge.
By the end of the course, participants will have learned how to design programs that combine academics with the development of character strengthening and well-being, such as the experience of positive emotions, engagement with activities, the establishment of meaningful practices and relationships, etc.
The course will help the participants to:
- Design programs based on Positive Education that combine academia with the development of character strengths and well-being;
- Use mindfulness as an opportunity to train your mind, focus your attention on the present, relax, achieve goals, and reach a certain level of self-awareness;
- Gain positive knowledge and life skills based on a holistic perspective of the classroom (in order to flourish in life and beyond!);
- Secure an understanding of Positive Psychology fundamentals through relevant international theories and references.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors; Headteachers;
- Managers of schools.
Head teacher of Arts and Wellbeing Courses: Susan Gagliano
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.