1 week (6 days) course about CLIL methodologies for language teachers and teachers of all academic (and other) subjects, available in Florence.
This engaging and fun course uses the city of Florence as content and aims at developing academic and language teachers’ knowledge of planning, preparing, and implementing reading, writing, listening, and speaking activities for non-native speakers of a language in their classrooms. It also takes a multidisciplinary approach to understand CLIL (or content-based) methodology and introduces course participants to how the theory of teaching language and specific course content (academic or otherwise) can relate to their own classroom practice.
This course includes lots of activity planning, CLIL resources, and aids in the preparation of creative and engaging materials for second or foreign language learners of any language.
By the end of the course, participants will learn the key principles of material development and how to integrate attractive content into effective second language teaching. Participants will become more aware of how to create appropriate activities that are also motivating and engaging to non-native speakers of a language. Both academic content and language teachers will feel more confident and inspired to teach their subjects. Participants will also leave Florence having learned more about the history, people, and places that have made the city of Florence a one of a kind city with a very unique past and present.
The course will help the participants to understand how to:
- Integrate the four skills of English or any foreign language into the classroom and any school curriculum.
- Design creative and engaging activities aimed to achieve learning objectives in language and content.
- Create an interesting classroom environment where learning is fun and focused on very specific (and relevant) content.
- Become knowledgable about using English in the classroom while engaging learners in collaborative and communicative activities.
- Enhance the learning of languages with new ideas for increasing student interest and motivation by using stimulating and “authentic” materials from the real world.
- Develop ease with using English in your second or foreign language learner classroom as a teacher.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors;
Head teacher of clil courses: Sheila Corwin
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.