Concept by: Yasmin Latina
The Renaissance in Florence is one of the most intriguing cultural manifestations in Western history. In this course participants will have an opportunity to explore the artistic, historical, and cultural milieu into which Renaissance art was born.
Museum visits and field trips are an integral part of the course.
Topics to be covered include:
- The historical and artistic background of Renaissance;
- The development of humanism and its effects;
- A comparative look at the early artistic influences in Siena and Florence including Giotto, Duccio, Martini, and the Lorenzetti;
- The role of patronage in the Renaissance arts;
- The birth of Renaissance architecture and perspective;
- The masters of the 1400s: Masaccio, Uccello, Botticelli, della Francesca;
- High Renaissance and the role played by the Medici “Academy”;
- Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo.
The course will help the participants to :
- Acquire general and specific knowledge about one of the most fascinating periods of Italian Art: The Renaissance;
- Build an understanding of the main characteristics of the Renaissance style and of the conditions that lead to it, through visits to different Renaissance monuments and through analysis of different art manifestations both in class and outside;
- Follow the evolution of Renaissance from its beginning in Florence to its diffusion through other Italian cities until its maturity during the “great Cinquecento”;
- Analyze the art works against the background of religious, social and political conditions in Italian Renaissance.
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs;
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors; –
- Managers of schools/organisations offering adult education.
Head teacher of Arts and Wellbeing Courses: Susan Gagliano
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.