Concept by: Federica di Bartolomeo
This course aims to familiarize educators with Yoga practice as a powerful tool for handling stress, improving their teaching skills and increasing their physical, mental and emotional health. While it is suitable for absolute beginners, it is also meant to be enjoyable for those who have been already taking yoga basics/ low intermediate classes.
By experiencing different yoga styles and thus several poses, breathing and meditation techniques, throughout the course participants, will learn how these practices can enhance their ability to maintain a favorable climate in their school community and support resilience in and out of the classroom.
Teachers will be also provided with the latest scientific evidence about the benefits of Mind-body interventions, especially in school environments. Finally, a part of the course will be dedicated to the best practices introducing children and teens to yoga and meditation techniques.
The course will help the participants to:
- Prevent the effects of stress in educators and develop healthy strategies of dealing with the daily work demand;
- Foster participants ability to relax;
- Learn the best practices to improve student’s emotional balance, through practical and experiential activities which can be adapted to any classroom;
- Favor students’ search for self-awareness and identity and thus to promote changes in brain areas associated with attention and decision-making;
- Learn about recent research findings in Education.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors;
- Managers of schools/organisations offering adult education.
Head teacher of Arts and Wellbeing Courses: Susan Gagliano
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.