Concept by: Alessandro Pumpo
This course aims to give participants a deeper understanding of what makerspaces are and how makerspaces can be used in schools to support teaching. This course is also designed to help teachers come up with projects and ideas of which maker space ideas could fit into their school’s curriculum as well as help them to understand which resources they would need to create a low-cost maker space at school.
Makerspaces are a place in which students can experiment and create things in schools, and is a combination between science lab, woodshop, computer lab, and art room. Makerspaces allow students creative ways to design, experiment, build, and invent as they engage in the STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics) courses. Makerspaces are a great way for students to experiment with their school’s curriculum and develop real-world skills at the same time.
By the end of this course, participants will have a better understanding of what makerspaces are and will be able to create a low-cost makerspace in their school that is aligned to their own school’s curriculum.
The course will help the participants to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of what makerspaces are and the goals/disciplines involved in them;
- Dig into the technologies and resources surrounding makerspaces and how to source materials and resources;
- Integrate maker spaces into the curriculum and lesson plans;
- Immerse your classroom and school into the makerspace community and staying connected;
- Explore design thinking, genius hour and PBL frameworks that enhance makerspaces;
- Use maker spaces to enhance student projects and portfolios and assessing makerspace projects.
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs;
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers;
- Managers of schools/organisations offering adult education.
Head teacher of School Innovation Courses: Alessandro Pumpo
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.