Concept by: Sheila Corwin
This TEFL course is for those who want to solidify the basics in English language teaching. It covers everything from teaching grammar, to lesson planning, to dealing with the most common classroom management challenges. The main focus will be on how to incorporate communicative and engaging tasks and on how to include all language learners in the classroom independent of their current proficiency levels, capabilities, or language learning backgrounds. It will also concentrate on supplementing classroom materials with authentic texts from the real world in listening and reading activities that are both relevant and meaningful.
In this course, participants will learn how to discover learner needs, prepare effective lessons, teach vocabulary, and create interactive and engaging activities through the use of pair and group work. Participants will gain greater insight into the four skills and develop tasks based on student differences. Participants will also learn more about the teaching of English grammar tenses and develop their knowledge and mastery of English grammar structures. Finally, participants will gain an understanding of what life in the classroom is really like for language learners. This course will provide participants with a variety of teaching ideas and fully inspire them!
By the end of this TEFL course, participants will have learned the key principles of effective language teaching and established a stronger base and more comprehensive view of the fundamentals needed in English language teaching. They will walk away with all-inclusive strategies for dealing with students from different cultural backgrounds and receive feedback from their peers in short presentations for professional development purposes.
The course will help the participants to:
- Refine and gain deeper insight into the fundamentals of effective second/foreign language teaching;
- Engage in teaching practice presentations with peers for friendly and supportive professional development;
- Improve language teaching skills in both English grammar teaching, lesson planning, and classroom management challenge;
- Engage learners through pair and group work and interaction.
- Language Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs;
- Language Teacher Trainers;
- Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools.
Head teacher of Languages Courses: Sheila Corwin
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.