Concept by: Lorenzo Gaspari
SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: ADVANCED
The course has been created for teachers and school staff interested in learning how to build websites & Apps using an easy drag and drop visual programming tool that doesn’t require them to write code.
The tool would become an opportunity for the participants to learn how to build an app or a website, as well as to engage with their students in the amazing adventure of building software.
Using ICT solutions such as a course App as well as teaching the students to build their own App, can have a positive impact on students’ motivation to learn, and can help teachers to stimulate skills in their students such as creativity, entrepreneurship and a developed interest in the set school tasks in general.
During the course, participants will learn by doing and will be guided step by step through the interface of the application to familiarise themselves with the tool first and then to build an app or website. In such a way, they will take part in all the different phases of the development process.
Students are passively using applications / softwares without clearly understanding what is their underlying logic. With this course they will acquire the basic tools to move from a passive use of the software to the design of it, learning the elements and fundamental logic of software creation, passing from passive users to active developers! This course is providing the participants with a powerful tool as it unlocks their potential in the IT world.
By the end of the course, participants will have acquired the basic knowledge to build an App/website and will have learnt step by step how to introduce their students to visual programming that can be used for different school and teaching activities. Participants will be able to deliver their students the fascinating opportunity to learn the fundamental principles of building an App.
The course will help the participants to:
- Understand basic programming concepts and the underlying logic;
- Acquire specific modular visual programming skills delivered through content units;
- Understand the purposes of App invention, and their practical application;
- Learn how to use MIT App Inventor platform at a proficiency level, discovering its possibilities and future application;
- Acquire a proficiency level to design different type of Apps from a simple to a more complex level, using the tools offered by MIT App Inventor;
- Gain a basic knowledge about other App designing platforms, allowing participants to go further regarding App designing personal and professional ambitions;
- Integrate the use of Apps in your lessons, understanding the benefits of using ICTs at school to engage students throughout their learning process.
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs;
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors;
- Managers of schools.
Head teacher of ICT courses: Iacopo Falciani
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.