Concept by: Federica Di Bartolomeo
Teaching can be one of the most beautiful but also the most challenging professions. As recent research has shown, teachers actually experience more stress than most of other workers. At the same time, also students often report the negative impact of stress on their mood, behavior and academic performances. But is there anything that educators can do manage stress and prevent its drawbacks?
This course has been designed precisely to provide teachers with effective tools and strategies to deal with their own and their students’ stress. Through practical hands-on activities, participants will learn how to foster their own well-being, and to maintain a favorable climate in their classroom.
The course present the most recent scientific evidence about the benefits of stress reduction programs, especially in school environments. Participants will be introduced to the effects of stress and anxiety on learning, and how to help pupils to prevent and manage stress. The course will hence provide direct experience of the most useful relaxation techniques to be used in the classroom and beyond. Participants will also have the opportunity to focus on emotional intelligence and emotional regulation as a powerful skill to cope with stress.
By the end of the course, participants will have gained knowledge about the most effective ways to deal with stress and they will be able to apply research-based strategies in their school community.
The course will help the participants to:
- Use practical tools for stress management in educational environments;
- Foster resilience and cope with stressful situations at the workplace to increase their well-being;
- Improve their emotional intelligence to better deal with stress;
- Integrate emotional intelligence skills into the curricula;
- Help students to deal with school stress;
- Understand the best relaxation techniques for educators and students.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Headteachers; Principals;
- Managers of schools.
Head teacher of Arts and Wellbeing Courses: Susan Gagliano
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.
If you like this course, you may also like: