Concept by: Marta Mandolini
During this course participants, will discover the most relevant educational approaches for children that emerged in Europe from the 20th century onwards.
Waldorf (Steiner) education, the Montessori Method and Loris Malaguzzi’s Reggio Emilia method will be discussed in an interactive way. This will include comparing the different theories and involving participants in an active reflection about their way of teaching and the importance of the child being the protagonist of his/her development. A part of the course will be dedicated to Bruno Munari’s method “Playing with Art”. A short introduction about the alternative Catalan non-directive education panorama will also be included, as well as an overview on Positive Education and Positive Psychology.
The outcome of all of this, is the activation of a thought-provoking learning process. Participants will practice critical and creative thinking skills, inspired by the alternative methods mentioned above. Independence, freedom, creativity, child-centered, respect, global development are the keywords of the course. At the end, participants will have the chance to create a project for their school that incorporates the knowledge acquired, following a Design Thinking process.
The course will help the participants to:
- Acquire knowledge about Waldorf (Steiner) education, Montessori Method, Reggio Emilia approach, Bruno Munari’s method “Playing with Art”, Positive Education;
- Learn how children can be protagonists of their psychological, social, and physical – development;
- Learn how to set a positive and responsive relationship with children inspired by the different methods;
- Foster your critical and creative thinking;
- Be able to evaluate and integrate elements of the different approaches in your school.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors;
- Managers of schools/organisations offering adult education;
- Other (paid or voluntary) management staff in the institution/organisation.
Head teacher of School Innovation Courses: Alessandro Pumpo
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.
If you like this course, you may also like: