Are you an enterprising teacher? Are you a curious student? This course in Italian Language and Culture is for you! It will give you the chance to taste the real Italian language and dive into Italian culture, beyond academic versions or stereotypes.
Moreover, it will bring a gust of fresh air to your profession: by stepping into a student’s shoes, you will observe new methods and critically reassess your professional attitudes.
You will have the opportunity to attend language courses and seminars about Italian culture. The former includes 20 hours of morning sessions tailored to your language competencies and needs. In the afternoon, you will take part in cultural activities, guided tours, and excursions about Italian Culture.
By the end of this course, you will have expanded your knowledge about the Italian language and culture by observing and absorbing authentic communication practices directly on the spot, supported by local professional tutors.
Your school kit will be enriched with new tools to teach: you will be able to reflect on your profession in a more critical, productive, and enthusiastic way, compare different learning and teaching practices, and choose the one that best fits your inclinations.
In collaboration with the Europass Italian Language School
This course includes these activities:
- 3 City Guided Tours;
- 1 Cooking Class;
- 1-day Excursion.
- 1 guided tour;
- 1 cooking lesson or one extra activity depending on the school’s availability.
Other activities may be available on-site.
The course will help the participants to:
- Develop a solid foundation in basic Italian grammar and vocabulary;
- Gain confidence in communicating in everyday situations;
- Acquire a basic understanding of Italian culture;
- Experience hands-on learning activities that promote their speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills.
Day 1 – Course introduction & setting goals
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools;
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant and relevant populations.
Day 2, 3, 4 & 5 – Basic Italian grammar and conversation
Day 6 – Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.