Concept by: David Baroni
This course aims at developing teachers’ fluency and accuracy in the English language. It also takes a multidisciplinary approach to understand CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) methodology and introduces participants to how the theory can relate to their own classroom practice. Includes CLIL lesson planning, resources, and the creation of materials.
The Intensive English Course and CLIL addresses teachers of all subjects who would like to refresh and broaden their skills in the English language, implement CLIL methodology in their classes, understand its principles and applications, and find resources and lesson materials.
By the end of the course, participants will feel more confident in speaking and writing in English. They will have also learned the key principle of CLIL lesson planning, material development and the integration of content and language teaching.
The Intensive English and CLIL Course will help the participants to:
- Improve their English language proficiency and become more comfortable with teaching their courses in English to non-native speakers of English;
- Learn techniques and new skills for teaching their academic content in English and become better equipped to develop and incorporate activities that involve the four basic skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking) into their classrooms;
- Gain new ideas and approaches for assessing language learners, correcting errors, and including more pair and group work.
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs;
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors;
- Managers of schools/organisations offering adult education.
Head teacher of Languages Courses: Sheila Corwin
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.