This Erasmus+ course refers to teachers working in diverse classrooms due to the presence of disadvantaged learners, including migrant and immigrant students and children with special educational needs. Diversity challenges traditional teaching strategies and methods imposing the need on innovative ways for successfully managing a common context for all students.
The course has been tailored for participants who seek to learn more about managing effectively their heterogeneous classrooms by encouraging participation and achievement for all students using the latest inclusive and classroom management teaching methods and tools.
Participants will learn more about managing a classroom through experiential learning and case studies which encourage reflection, discussion and sharing of good practices regarding the contemporary classroom challenging issues. Through engaging activities participants will develop innovative ways to increase motivation and collaboration among students, establish classroom rules, and incorporate pair and group work, preventive and creative classroom management strategies for encouraging students to reflect on their own classroom behavior.
- Apprehend the concept of diversity and build a welcoming and reinforcing classroom environment;
- Develop preventive and reactive strategies and techniques for differentiated teaching and classroom management;
- Develop inclusive practices;
- Effectively respond to students` difficult behaviours;
- Teach their students through innovative strategies (e.g. Problem Based Learning, Jigsaw, Think-Pair-Share).
Find out our upcoming confirmed courses here.
- Primary and secondary school teachers, special needs teachers
- Project managers, school managers and administrators.