This course is designed for educators seeking a holistic understanding of digital technologies and their application in modern teaching environments.
From social media management to augmented reality, participants will engage in an enriching blend of theoretical discussions and practical exercises.
The aim is to empower educators to create captivating, safe, and effective collaboration spaces using a range of digital tools and platforms.
Special attention will be given to the social and media elements, exploring videos, images, projects, and other collaborative media.
In a balanced mix of theory and practice, participants will engage in small group tasks that replicate real-world classroom situations.
These hands-on activities will allow attendees to experience firsthand how a variety of digital platforms can enrich both teaching and learning experiences.
Additionally, the course will delve into the ethical and psychological dimensions of using digital platforms, providing comprehensive guidance on responsible technology use in the classroom.
Suggested computer proficiency: Intermediate
The course will help the participants to:
- Master the social elements of digital platforms for enhanced student engagement and community-building;
- Effectively integrate multimedia elements like videos, images, and presentations in collaborative learning projects;
- Understand the ethical implications and psychological impacts associated with digital education tools;
- Gain introductory knowledge in implementing artificial intelligence and augmented reality in classroom settings,
- Knowledge of best practices for implementing AI in the classroom, including the design of a student contract for AI-generated content.
Day 1 – Course introduction and digital tools overview
- Introduction to the course, school, and extracurricular activities;
- Ice-breaker activities for trust and team building;
- Identifying individual needs and setting course goals;
- Group work, reflection, and questions
Day 2 – Digital collaboration and community management
- Exploring the social functionalities in education-focused digital platforms;
- Activities emphasizing community-building and student engagement;
- Ethical considerations;
- Reflection and questions.
Day 3 – Exploring digital media
- Utilizing videos, images, and other multimedia formats for collaborative projects;
- Hands-on group activities to create multimedia teaching materials;
- Reflection and question.
Day 4 – AI and augmented reality in education
- Introduction to AI and augmented reality, their capabilities, and ethical considerations;
- Group activities for practical applications of AI and AR;
- Reflection and questions.
Day 5 – Online safety, ethics, and psychological aspects
- Detailed discussion on digital ethics and responsible use of platforms;
- Strategies for safeguarding online environments;
- Group activities, reflection, and questions.
Day 6 – Course closure & cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- External cultural activities.