SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: ADVANCED
The 2-week course has been created for teachers interested in learning how to build a basic app of their own, whilst also gaining an introduction to coding and robotics with an Arduino.
Participants will discover the process of designing an app using intuitive, uncomplicated software, making it easy to understand the logic behind the code and allowing them to learn progressively from simple levels to more complex stages. The tool will aid teachers in sharing with their students the rewarding adventure of designing apps with educational purposes, making lessons more motivating, appealing and adapted to the needs of the 21st century. Along the way the apps will help teachers stimulate various skills in their students such as creativity, entrepreneurship and a developed interest in the set school tasks in general.
As teachers pass on their knowledge to their students, they will acquire the basic tools to move from a standard passive use of app software to the designing of it, learning the elements and fundamental logic of software creation, and becoming active developers!
In the Arduino part of the course, participants will understand the value and importance of learning a coding language, through an introduction to Arduino software. The software is user-friendly, innovative and easy to understand, making it an enjoyable way to start learning more about electronics and robotics. Participants will gain the knowledge required to be able to write a simple program in C++ with GNU Compiler, and transform a physical input into a digital input and analyze it. Throughout the course participants will work to create their own complete Arduino project, from the beginning to the end.
The course will help the participants to:
- Understand the benefits of using ICTs at school to engage students throughout their learning process
- Acquire specific modular visual programming skills delivered through content units
- Be aware of the possible problems that an App could solve, and how to apply it in an educational setting, integrating the use of Apps in your lessons
- Learn how to use MIT App Inventor platform at a proficiency level, discovering its possibilities and future application
- Acquire a proficiency level to design different type of Apps from a simple to a more complex level, using the tools offered by MIT App Inventor
- Learn about C++ language and understand its basic concepts
- Understand the function of electronic sensors and components and learn to build your own led circuit.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs)
- Teacher trainers
- Managers of schools.
Head teacher of ICT Courses: Iacopo Falciani
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.