An ERASMUS+ Teacher Training Course about Social Media and Web Solutions for the Classroom
The course has been created for teachers who wish to learn more about the use of IT and communication technology in their classrooms.
Participants will take part in small practical group tasks which will show them how to incorporate technology into their lessons to make them more effective and enjoyable. Emphasis will be placed on the most popular social media, as well as on new Web platforms among which students could choose according to their preferences. They will also learn about privacy and the safe use of social media, student versus teacher roles and digital classroom management.
By the end of this course, participants will know how to use social networking platforms and web 2.0 to share their work, create groups, use free resources and apps, and cooperate with others online. As a result, students and teachers’ engagement and satisfaction will be enhanced.
Included in the programme: Guided city Tours and a full-day Excursion in Ireland (Usually on Saturday).
Find out our upcoming confirmed courses here
Follow our activities on our Facebook Page
Course Learning Outcomes
- Using Social Media in the classroom: managing groups, interacting, communicating, sharing materials;
- Platforms for audio-visual materials: how to make a search easier, creating playlist about different topics, sharing and embedding videos and playlists, making and editing your own videos.
- Making great visual presentations using one of the most popular tools at present; practicing and improving your presentation and communication skills.
- Creating mind maps to achieve a better understanding of contents; putting your ideas into mind maps and presenting them; giving assignments through mind maps; practice and group work.
- Online platforms for communication: managing a virtual classroom, sending assignments, searching and sharing useful materials, communicating with students and parents;
- Creating your personal teaching blog; teaching your students how to use blogs to create portfolios and to develop learning autonomy.
- Motivating students through serious digital games;
- Creating and proposing online quizzes;
- Building awareness about ethical issues related to Social Media and Web Platforms;
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs; - Teacher trainers; Careers officers, - Headteachers; Principals; Managers of schools;
course details - Dublin
- Length of the course: 1 week: Mon - Sat
- Number of participants: max. 12;
- Next Dates 2018: 06 - 11 August; 03 - 08 September; 01 - 06 October; 05 -10 November; 03 - 08 December.
- Set Dates 2019: 7 - 12 January; 4 - 9 February; 4 - 9 March; 1 - 6 April; 6 - 11 May; 3 - 8 June; 1 - 6 July; 5 - 10 August; 2 - 7 September; 7 - 12 October; 4 - 9 November; 2 - 7 December;
- Cultural activities included: Dublin Guided Tour and 1 day Excursion in Ireland (usually on Saturday);
- Course Price: € 480,00
course details - Florence
- Length of the course: 1 week: Mon - Sat.
- Next Dates 2018: 29 October - 03 November;
- Set Dates 2019: 29 April - 4 May; 29 July - 3 August; 30 September - 5 October;
- Cultural activities included: 2 Florence Guided Tours and 1 day Tuscan Excursion (usually on Saturday);
- Price: € 480,00