This course is designed for teachers who would like to further their knowledge on the use of ICT in class and to experiment with new enjoyable tools. The course will focus on web solutions such as Edmodo, Google educational tools, online Quizzes, and others.
During the course, participants will learn by doing: working in groups, they will have the opportunity to test different tools directly and to share examples about how to use them in class.
The techniques acquired in the course will enable teachers to make their lessons more engaging for their students thus making them more effective.
Upon completion of the course, teachers will be aware of the strengths and weaknesses of many different ICT tools and will know how to exploit them in the classroom in a safe and useful way.
SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: BASIC
Concept by: Iacopo Falciani
The course will help the participants to:
- Use audiovisual platforms, making a search easier, creating playlists about different topics, sharing and embedding videos and playlists;
- Use online platforms for communication and sharing: managing a virtual classroom, sending assignments, searching and sharing useful materials, communicating with students and parents;
- Know Google Drive and Google Apps used as educational resources;
- Motivate students through serious digital games and online quizzes.
Day 1 – Course introduction & setting goals
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Icebreaker activities using drama for trust and ensemble building;
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant and relevant populations;
- Participants’ experiences and goals;
- Do you use ICT tools in your classroom?
- Pros and cons of ICT in Classroom;
- Reflection and questions;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools.
Day 2 – Web communicating
- ICT Solutions in the classrooms;
- Communication through the WEB: Managing a Classroom through a web platform;
- Instructions, Monitoring, Feedback.
Day 3 – Google
- Group activities,
- Reflections and questions;
Day 4 – Useful online teaching material
- Audiovisual Tools;
- Looking for useful teaching resources;
- Sharing materials online.
Day 5 – Online quizzes
- Online quizzes;
- Reflection and questions;
- Reflective Teaching;
- Professional Development.
Day 6 – Course closure & cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round up of acquired competences, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.
The schedule describes likely activities but may differ significantly based on the trainer delivering the specific session and the requests of the participants.
If you would like to discuss a specific topic, please indicate it at least 4 weeks in advance. Course modifications are subject to the trainer’s discretion.
The number and schedule of the cultural activities depend on the location, not the course; further information is available on each location webpage. The trainer will send you the definitive course schedule approximately two weeks before the course.