This course is for teachers working with special educational needs students in mainstream and special education schools. The course has been tailored to meet the needs of teachers by providing teaching and assessment methods, strategies and tools to address the distinctive learning needs of their students. Through case study discussion and sharing of good practices and ICT tools participants will understand and deal with the key challenges of special education including:
- Recognizing students’ special needs (e.g. autism spectrum, intellectual disabilities);
- Identifying and assessing students with special needs (e.g. curriculum-based measurement);
- Designing differentiated activities to access general curriculum;
- Applying teaching methods and strategies (e.g. task analysis, physical guidance) to deliver individual educational plan goals and objectives;
- Using ICT tools to support all learners;
- Professional and home – school collaboration.
By the end of the course, participants will gain a greater insight into issues regarding teaching and learning in special, integration and inclusion settings identifying the barriers and the necessary resources for successfully addressing students’ learning educational needs in effective and functional ways that will promote collaboratively students` participation and achievement within the school community.
- Primary and secondary school teachers
- special needs teachers
- project managers, school managers and administrators.
Head teacher of classroom management courses: Ilaria Barbieri
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.