Concept by: Tatiana Speri
SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: BASIC
The course has been created for teachers who want to learn about social media and its application in the classroom.
Participants will learn about incorporating social technology into their lessons and participate in small group and pair work activities. Emphasis will be placed on the most popular social media and on their potential in educational settings. Teachers will be provided with a wide range of practical teaching activities to enable them to make their classes more effective and enjoyable. Teachers will also learn about safe use of social media, student versus teacher roles and digital classroom management.
The course is taught through a combination of short theoretical presentations followed by practice activities, through which the participants will get familiar with the various platforms and techniques covered.
By the end of the course, teachers will have acquired more knowledge about using social media as an educational tool, enhance student engagement and improve communication among students and teachers.
|The course will help the participants to:|
- Use different Social in the classroom: managing groups, interacting, communicating, sharing materials;
- Make a search easier, create playlist about different topics, share and embed videos and playlists;
- Manage a virtual classroom, send assignments, search and share useful materials, communicate with students and parents;
- Propose tasks and exercises through Social Media;
- Understand ethical issues and the skills needed to manage privacy settings for a safe use of Social Media.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors;
- Managers of schools.
Head teacher of ICT Courses: Iacopo Falciani
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.