Are you looking to enhance your intermediate level of French and expand your knowledge of French culture? Look no further!
This French Language and Culture course is designed for enterprising teachers and curious students who are eager to immerse themselves in the proper French language and gain a deeper understanding of French culture beyond academic versions or stereotypes.
You will have the opportunity to attend language courses and seminars about French culture, with 20 hours of morning sessions tailored to your language competencies and needs. In the afternoons, you will participate in cultural activities, guided tours, and excursions that showcase the rich and diverse aspects of French culture.
Under the guidance of local professional tutors, you will have the opportunity to observe and absorb authentic communication practices in French, expanding your knowledge of the language and culture.
By the end of the course, you will be equipped with new tools to reflect on your teaching profession in a more critical, productive, and enthusiastic way.
You will be able to compare different learning and teaching practices and choose the approach that best aligns with your inclinations.
The course will help the participants to:
- Improve French language skills including fluency and accuracy;
- Develop greater comfort in teaching French to non-native speakers;
- Gain an in-depth understanding of French culture;
- Engage in hands-on learning activities that practice reading, writing, listening, and speaking in a French classroom setting.
Day 1 – Course introduction & setting goals
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools;
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant and relevant populations.
Day 2, 3, 4 & 5 – Intermediate French grammar and conversation
Day 6 – Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.