As a highly proficient French teacher or student, this French Language and Culture course is the perfect opportunity for you to immerse yourself in the language and culture beyond academic versions or stereotypes.
During this 20 hour course, you will attend morning language classes specifically designed for your high level competencies and needs, and then participate in cultural activities, guided tours, and excursions in the afternoons. These experiences will allow you to observe and absorb authentic communication practices, and be guided by local professional tutors.
By the end of this course, you will have greatly expanded your knowledge and understanding of French language and culture, and also gained new tools and perspectives to bring back to your profession. By stepping into a student’s shoes, you will be able to critically reassess your teaching methods and attitudes, and choose the approaches that best fit your inclinations.
This course is a unique opportunity to rejuvenate your passion for teaching, and bring new energy and inspiration to your profession.
The course will help the participants to:
- Improve fluency and accuracy in French;
- Gain confidence in teaching French to non-native speakers;
- Enhance understanding of French culture;
- Acquire direct experience in learning activities that involve reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills in the classroom;
- Reflect on the teaching profession in a critical and productive manner.
Day 1 – Course introduction & setting goals
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools;
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant and relevant populations.
Day 2, 3, 4 & 5 – Advanced French grammar and conversation
Day 6 – Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.