SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: INTERMEDIATE
This course is designed for teachers who would like to further their knowledge on the use of Tablets, Educational Apps and Social Media in class and to experiment new, easy and enjoyable tools to use with their students.
Participants will discover some of the most popular and practical educational apps for teaching and student learning across a wider range of subjects. They will learn how to properly integrate these apps in the classroom as a tool to support their learning.
Teachers will be provided with a wide range of practical teaching activities to enable them to make their classes more effective. Teachers will also learn about safe use of social media, student versus teacher roles and digital classroom management.
By the end of the course, teachers will have acquired more knowledge about using Apps and Social Media as an educational tool, enhance student engagement and improve communication among students and teachers. Guided city tours and 1 full day cultural excursion (usually on the first Saturday) will also be part of the programme.
The course will help the participants to:
- Use social media platforms as teaching tools, allowing interaction, motivation and engagement in class;
- Develop communication abilities among teachers and students, as well as, fostering the sharing of ideas and teaching material;
- Manage a virtual classroom sending assignments, creating quizzes, developing learning strategies and using new ICT-based teaching methodologies;
- Use different educational apps in class, providing students with the best learning experience.
- Acquire a general overview of the many educational possibilities of using educational apps and the motivational dimension brought to the classroom when using them.
- Be able to choose the most suitable ones according to students’ needs.
- Master of social media, games and quiz apps;
- Foster students’ creativity and improve studying techniques using apps.
- Apps to structure information, to better analyze, comprehend, synthesize, recall and generate new ideas.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Managers of schools.
Head teacher of ICT Courses: Iacopo Falciani
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.