Using English clearly and correctly is gaining importance in more and more everyday situations. From career advancement to intercultural contexts in both online and face-to-face contexts, deploying English speaking and writing skills is fundamental.
Using the Callan method, this English course will aim to make the participants speak English confidently and to improve their overall fluency for different levels of knowledge.
The Callan Method is a fast and dynamic approach to language teaching and learning that consists of guided conversations with native speakers. In the lessons, students are encouraged to speak from the moment they enter the classroom.
The learners actively practice English during the lesson, speaking the entire time. The teacher corrects all mistakes in real time with examples while guiding them through all facets of English. Repetition makes the learner more fluent and, most importantly, raises their confidence, and frees them from the fear of speaking.
The course will improve listening, comprehension, and speaking skills. Even if you have little or limited understanding, you can advance your English skills in a short time with the help of our native English teachers in a dynamic and active learning environment. Participants will also be guided through relevant workshops that will assist in their daily operations.
Language proficiency requirements:
This Erasmus+ course is suited for basic (CEFR level: A2.1., A2.2.) intermediate (CEFR level: B1.1., B1.2.) and advanced levels (CEFR level: B.2.1 and onwards). For the beginners’ classes (CEFR level: A1.1 and A1.2.), take a look at our English Course for Absolute Beginners With the Callan Method.
The course will help the participants to:
- Actively and confidently speak in English at all times;
- Improve understanding and listening skills;
- Learn grammar and sentence structures;
- Be instructed on how to properly pronounce words and complex sentences;
- Become familiar with technical English for professional activity;
- Improve presenting, speaking and writing skills in English.
Day 1 – Course introduction
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the week’s external activities;
- Setting the framework: expectations, goals, rules and roles;
- Basics of the Callan Method;
- Callan Method English lesson.
Day 2 – Grammar Lab and Deeper Understanding of the Callan Method
- Callan method English lesson – 2-hour session;
- Grammar LAB – revision and practice of the most common grammar rules;
- Callan Method English lesson – 2-hour session.
Day 3 – English Business Communication skills
- Callan Method English lesson – 2-hour session;
- Workshop: Business Communication in English – 2 hours.
Day 4 – Small Talk and Presentation Skills
- Workshop: Business Small Talk in English – 2-hour session;
- Callan Method lesson – 2-hour session;
- Workshop: Presentation Skills (theory and practice – learn how to present yourself and your institution) – 1 hour.
Day 5 – Revision Class and Final Examination
- Callan Method full revision class;
- 1-on-1 consultations.
Day 6 – Course closure & cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round up of acquired competences, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.