This French Language and Culture course offers you a unique chance to immerse yourself in the real French language and culture, beyond what you learn in a classroom setting.
Not only will this course bring new perspectives to your teaching approach, but it will also provide hands-on experience as you step into a student’s role and observe new teaching methods.
Throughout the course, you will participate in language classes and seminars about French culture. The language classes include 20 hours of morning sessions that are tailored to your current language level and needs. In the afternoon, you will take part in cultural activities, guided tours, and excursions to learn more about French culture.
By the end of this course, you will have gained a deeper understanding of the French language and culture through hands-on experiences and guidance from local professional tutors.
Your teaching toolkit will also be expanded as you reflect on your teaching approach, compare different teaching methods, and choose the one that works best for you.
The course will help the participants to:
- Improve their French language skills (speaking, writing, listening, and reading);
- Gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of French culture;
- Experience learning activities that engage all language skills in the classroom;
- Enhance their teaching skills by reflecting on their profession and comparing different teaching practices.
Day 1 – Course introduction & setting goals
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools;
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant and relevant populations.
Day 2, 3, 4 & 5 – Elementary French grammar and conversation
Day 6 – Course closure and cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round-up of acquired competencies, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.