Concept by: Alberta Miele
SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: INTERMEDIATE
Using these devices in a proficient way can simplify the learning process and make teaching more enjoyable and meaningful. The course has a very practical approach, and participants will gain a working knowledge of the main features of Moodle LMS, using the platform directly throughout the course, building and developing their own learning path on the platform.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to handle the basic features and functions of Moodle and to design and publish their own learning project in their personal open-source Moodle platform
The schedule describes likely activities but may differ significantly based on the requests of the participants, and the trainer delivering the specific session. Course modifications are subject to the trainer’s discretion. If you would like to discuss a specific topic, please indicate it at least 4 weeks in advance.
Day 1 – Course introduction
Principles of digital learning
Day 2 – Intro to LMS and learning tools
- Learning tools for curriculum management-Learning Management Systems: an introduction to LMS;
- Moodle and its applications in education
Day 3 – Get creative
- Designing your own lesson in moodle;
- Writing a lesson plan
Day 4 – Review
Developing your own lesson in moodle: lesson plan review
Day 5 – Final discussion & Course closure
Delivering your own lesson in moodle final discussion
- Course evaluation: round up of acquired competences, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
Day 6 – Excusrion
Excursion and other external cultural activities.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors;
- Managers of schools.