A one week teacher training seminar within the framework of the ERASMUS+ Program.
This course has been created for teachers who want to understand group dynamics and how they affect the classroom. The tensions, alliances and relational struggles among students can interfere with learning and create an unfavorable school environment.
Participants will learn about the various types of conflict and how to use them as an opportunity for growth. Through hands-on, practical activities which can be immediately used in the classroom, participants will increase their own ability to model and encourage active listening, empathy and emotional literacy among today’s students – and tomorrow’s active citizens.
By the end of the course, participants will enjoy a greater awareness of their students’ emotional needs and behavior and will have the skills to promote stronger classroom relationships and a more positive climate in school – for teachers AND students.
Course Learning Outcomes
- conflict – causes, manifestations and how to turn it into a teaching moment;
- practical approaches for incorporating conflict management into curriculum;
- effective, practical communication tools for better school relations and community building;
- emotional and social intelligence skills – how to enhance and foster them in yourself and others;
- relational aggression and bullying – school-wide approaches for awareness and prevention;
- hands-on, practical activities to favor wellbeing, group cohesion, sense of belonging in the school community.
- Teachers: primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs;
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers;