Concept by: Sheila Corwin
This course has been created for teachers who want to learn more about managing an effective and up to date classroom that encourages participation and engaged learning using the latest techniques and classroom tools.
Teachers will learn more about managing a classroom through reflection, teacher observation, and case scenarios, which encourage discussion and resolution of the most common classroom problems. Through interactive and engaging activities participants will learn how to boost motivation, establish classroom rules, provide clear instructions, monitor, develop rapport, incorporate pair and group work, and gain tips for encouraging students to reflect on their own classroom behaviour.
In addition, the course will include discussion on what exactly a Flipped Classroom is and how this new teaching method can be put to use with the subject being taught. Finally, assessment and evaluation will be addressed along with the incorporation of student portfolios, rubrics, and presentation strategies.
By the end of the course, students will have gained greater insight into what makes a classroom run smoothly and what it takes to “Flip” their own classrooms. They will also become more familiar with Project and Task Based Learning and take away ideas for evaluating student learning and participation effectively.
|The course will help the participants to understand how to:|
- Manage a classroom effectively by establishing rules with logical consequences;
- Deal with difficult behaviors by working on collaborative solutions;
- Give clear instructions, organize pair and group work, and develop positive relationships;
- Motivate learners and get them to reflect on their behavior;
- Organize and plan for a Flipped Classroom experience;
- Assess students and provide feedback using portfolios, rubrics, and other forms.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers;
Head teacher of classroom management courses: Ilaria Barbieri
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.