Concept by: Marta Mandolini
Your school is the space where you spend a lot of your life time. Your colleagues and the staff of your school are part of your life, as a larger family you are supposed to contribute every day with support and professional programs, to provide the best education for the future adults in the world. Positive school climate, real cohesiveness, teacher collaboration and motivation have a great impact on student approach to learning and outcomes. Isn’t it true?
Let’s participate in our Team Building Program for school to experiment with how fun and motivational activities can be inspirational for the development of a sense of belonging and an atmosphere of community, of tolerance and team spirit, and for the improvement of communication skills. Team building activities also create a climate of cooperation and contribute to collaborative problem-solving, develop empathy and trust in the group and in yourself, enhance creativity and boost self-esteem.
We will spend a few hours in the theoretical aspect of a Team Building program (group psychology, personality development, activity planning), and present a series of fun team building activities in the classroom and around the city; no particular skills are required to participate.
By the end of the course you will learn the positive power of Team Building activities and also will be ready to re-use and adjust the exercises at school.
The course will help the participants to:
- Learn the positive power of team-building activities and feel more confident and ready to re-use and adjust the practiced exercises at your own school;
- Learn how to promote team building to create a climate of cooperation and collaborative problem solving, an atmosphere of community, tolerance, team spirit and acquire communication skills;
- Initiate the growth of empathy and trust in your group of teachers, and in yourself while enhancing creativity and boosting self-esteem;
- Gain a fuller understanding about team building through group psychology, personality development and activity planning.
The schedule describes likely activities but may differ significantly based on the requests of the participants, and the trainer delivering the specific session. Course modifications are subject to the trainer’s discretion. If you would like to discuss a specific topic, please indicate it at least 4 weeks in advance.
Day 1 – Course introduction & Importance of team building
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Icebreaker activities;
Importance of team building
- what is team building used for; team building for teachers and school staff. Group constitution and in-class activity.
- Presentations of the participants’ schools.
Day 2 – Way of seeing
Activity: Way of seeing. Outdoor activity.
Day 3 – The pattern method
Activity: The Pattern method. Outdoor activity.
Day 4 – Mission impossible
Activity: Mission impossible. Outdoor activity.
Day 5 – Get creative
- Sharing the experience.
- Design a team building activity for your school.
Day 6 – Course closure & Cultural activties
- Course evaluation: round up of acquired competences, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
Excursion and other external cultural activities.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Managers of schools.