The course has been created for participants interested in Technology Enhanced Learning and M-learning: they will discover how laptops, tablets and smartphones can be integrated into a teacher’s toolkit.
During this training course, participants will get fresh ideas on how to incorporate technology into their lessons and they will work in small groups to carry out practical tasks. They will learn how to use software, platforms and apps to communicate, to manage groups and to foster collaboration. They will also have the chance to experience how learning can be enhanced by using serious technological games and quizzes.
By the end of the course, teachers will be more inspired to use ICT tools in a motivating and pedagogical way.
SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: INTERMEDIATE
Concept by: Robert Schwamborn
The course will help the participants to:
- Use technology in the classroom: managing groups, interacting, communicating, sharing materials;
- Structure information, better analyze, comprehend, synthesize, recall and generate new ideas using technological tools.
- Adopt interactive learning through the use of quizzes, games and flashcards.
- Manage a virtual classroom, send assignments, search and share useful materials, communicating with students and parents;
- Build awareness about ethical issues related to Social Media and Web Platforms;
- Manage privacy settings for safe use of Social Media.
Day 1 – Course introduction & setting goals
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities.
- Icebreaker activities using drama for trust and ensemble building.
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant and relevant populations.
- What technologies do you use in your classroom? How to integrate Mobile Devices into your lessons; Pair and group work activities; Reflection and questions
- Presentations of the participants’ schools.
Day 2 – Integrating technology in lessons
Managing a Classroom though Web Platforms and Mobile Devices; What to use, how to use it. Activities, reflection and question.
Day 3 – Understanding social media platforms
Image Sharing Social Media; How to use Social Video platforms. Activities, reflections and questions
Day 4 – How to use Educational Apps
Uses and functions of the Educational Apps to create interactive tasks. Quizzes and educational games
Day 5 – Importance of communication
Communicating with colleagues, students and parents. Ethical Issues. Practice: Developing an eSafe classroom; Encourage students to be digitally literate as well as safe and responsible social users; Reflection and questions; Certificates of Attendance; Course Evaluation
Day 6 – Course closure & cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round up of acquired competences, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
Excursion and other external cultural activities.
The schedule describes likely activities but may differ significantly based on the trainer delivering the specific session and the requests of the participants.
If you would like to discuss a specific topic, please indicate it at least 4 weeks in advance. Course modifications are subject to the trainer’s discretion.
The number and schedule of the cultural activities depend on the location, not the course; further information is available on each location webpage. The trainer will send you the definitive course schedule approximately two weeks before the course.