The course has been created for participants interested in Technology Enhanced Learning and M-learning: they will discover how laptops, tablets, and smartphones can be integrated into a teacher’s toolkit.
During this training course, participants will get fresh ideas on how to incorporate technology into their lessons and they will work in small groups to carry out practical tasks. They will learn how to use software, platforms and apps to communicate, to manage groups and to foster collaboration. They will also have the chance to experience how learning can be enhanced by using serious technological games and quizzes.
By the end of the course, teachers will be more inspired to use ICT tools in a motivating and pedagogical way.
Concept by: Robert Schwamborn
Suggested computer proficiency: Intermediate
The course will help the participants to:
- Use technology in the classroom: managing groups, interacting, communicating, sharing materials;
- Structure information, better analyze, comprehend, synthesize, recall and generate new ideas using technological tools;
- Adopt interactive learning through the use of quizzes, games and flashcards;
- Manage a virtual classroom, send assignments, search and share useful materials, communicating with students and parents;
- Build awareness about ethical issues related to Social Media and Web Platforms;
- Manage privacy settings for safe use of Social Media.
Day 1 – Course introduction & setting goals
- Introduction to the course, the school, and the external week activities;
- Icebreaker activities using drama for trust and ensemble building.
- Identification of needs and goals for each participant and relevant populations;
- What technologies do you use in your classroom?
- How to integrate Mobile Devices into your lessons;
- Pair and group work activities;
- Reflection and questions;
- Presentations of the participants’ schools.
Day 2 – Integrating technology in lessons
- Managing a Classroom though Web Platforms and Mobile Devices;
- What to use, how to use it;
- Activities, reflection and question.
Day 3 – Understanding social media platforms
- Image Sharing Social Media;
- How to use Social Video platforms;
- Activities, reflections and questions.
Day 4 – How to use Educational Apps
- Uses and functions of the Educational Apps to create interactive tasks;
- Quizzes and educational games.
Day 5 – Importance of communication
- Communicating with colleagues, students and parents;
- Ethical Issues. Practice: Developing an eSafe classroom;
- Encourage students to be digitally literate as well as safe and responsible social users;
- Reflection and questions.
Day 6 – Course closure & cultural activities
- Course evaluation: round up of acquired competences, feedback, and discussion;
- Awarding of the course Certificate of Attendance;
- Excursion and other external cultural activities.