Concept by: Ilaria Barbieri
This Erasmus+ course is for teachers working in multicultural classes. Diversity challenges traditional teaching strategies and asks for innovative solutions. This introductory course will address issues such as: how is it possible to create a syllabus suitable both for native and for non-native students? How can educators face language and communication difficulties? How can students interact in a productive way regardless of their cultural belonging?
Through case discussion, sharing of good practices and engaging activities, participants will explore intercultural educative practices. They will receive prompts to foster communication in their classes and will explore solutions to plan activities aiming at meeting newcomers’ needs without interrupting the regular didactic flow. Teaching strategies with concrete, across-the-board objectives will be presented (role-playing, cooperative learning and many others).
By the end of the course, participants will have gained broader awareness about different learning approaches, intercultural communication, innovative methods, and how to convert diversity from burden to opportunity.
|The course will help the participants to:|
- Know about students’ different learning approaches to be able to choose the correct teaching strategies;
- Ability to choose suitable methods for different classes, contexts and moments during the lesson;
- Teaching strategies with concrete, across-the-board objectives: role-playing, cooperative learning;
- Expertise related to intercultural communication;
- Ability to convert diversity from burden to opportunity.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Managers of schools.
Head teacher of classroom management courses: Ilaria Barbieri
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.