Concept by: Marta Mandolini
The course has been designed to fulfill the increasing need and interest in the topic, that was shown by teachers attending our Erasmus+ courses. Here, the necessity of a practical course, designed in a workshop-formula, where, besides theoretical introductions, teachers will experiment in first person exercises and create projects to enhance a positive approach to school and education in general.
We will learn how to enhance positive thinking, reducing negative self-talk, personalizing and catastrophisizing, practicing gratitude, humor and mindfulness, and learning the importance of praising ourselves. We will learn how to practice positive communication with ourselves, our students and colleagues, learning how to convert a negative, disruptive, un-effective communication in a virtuous circle of positive relationships, referring also to graphic design as a positive visual communication tool. We will then expand to the surrounding environment, the school, to learn about the importance of positive design, architecture, decoration in and outside the classroom, inspired by design psychology principles and driven by the peculiarity of each country and case.
Participants will be involved in an active learning process, also focusing on personal experience and self-reflection, combining cognitive and emotional elements to make the learning process easier and ensure long-lasting retention of new knowledge.
Guided city tours and an excursion will also be part of the programme.
The course will help the participants to understand how to:
- Practice and enhance positive thinking, reduce negative selfcriticism, practice gratitude, humour and mindfulness;
- Practice positive communication with themselves, students and colleagues, and share it concretely once back to school;
- Create a positive, pleasant environment in and outside the classroom through sustainable design and decoration principles;
- Create a project for themselves and for the school based on positive design possibly applicable once to school.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Managers of schools.
Head teacher of Arts and Wellbeing Courses: Susan Gagliano
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.