Concept by: Sheila Corwin
This engaging and fun course uses the city (Dublin or Galway) as context and aims at developing teachers’ academic and language knowledge of planning, preparing, and implementing reading, writing, listening, and speaking activities for non-native speakers of a language into their classrooms.
It also takes a multidisciplinary approach to understanding CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) methodology and introduces course participants to how the theory of teaching through specific course content (academic or otherwise) can relate to their own classroom practice. This course includes activity planning, CLIL resources, and aids in the creation of materials for second or foreign language learners.
By the end of the course, participants will learn the key principles of material development and integrating attractive content into effective teaching. They will also feel more confident with teaching their subjects to non-native speakers, Participants will also leave Ireland having learned more about the history, people, and places that have made Ireland a one-of-a-kind country with a unique past and present.
The course will help the participants to understand how to:
- Develop and integrate attractive content into effective teaching;
- Learn how to find resources and materials in order to integrate new content and language in the classrooms;
- Understand CLIL principles and its practical applications;
- Develop teachers’ academic and language knowledge of planning, preparing and implementing reading, writing, listening, and speaking activities for non-native speakers of a language;
- Refresh and broad communicative skills in the English language;
- Implement successfully CLIL methodology in classes.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Careers officers, educational guides and counsellors;
Head teacher of Languages Courses: Sheila Corwin
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.