SUGGESTED COMPUTER PROFICIENCY: BASIC
This course has been created for teachers who are interested in using audiovisuals (including video making) and social media and in making their lessons more engaging and encouraging teamwork. Participants will take part in a wide range of practical activities (no prior knowledge of social medias and video-making techniques is required).
The course will introduce video making techniques: from shooting and editing videos with the students, to adapting already existing audio-visual resources (film and music clips, documentaries, news etc.). Some easy web-based solutions through which teachers and students can easily dub and subtitle videos in a variety of languages will be also introduced.
Participants will also learn how to use web resources and Social Media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Google apps, blogs, Edmodo as educational tools.
By the end of this course, participants will have acquired more knowledge about the safe use of social media, digital classroom management and how to work with audiovisual material in a productive and motivating manner.
Participants to the course will learn to:
- Search for audiovisual contents on platforms for education;
- Apply basic techniques for shooting videos;
- Edit photos and videos;
- Organize sounds and texts in visual resources;
- Upload, and share audiovisual contents; exploit audiovisual resources for educational purposes;
- Use different Social in the classroom: managing groups, interacting, communicating, sharing materials;
- Make a search easier, create playlist about different topics, share and embed videos and playlists;
- Manage a virtual classroom, send assignments, search and share useful materials, communicate with students and parents;
- Propose tasks and exercises through Social Media;
- Understand ethical issues and the skills needed to manage privacy settings for a safe use of Social Media.
- Teachers (primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs);
- Teacher trainers;
- Careers officers;
- Managers of schools/organisations offering adult education.
Head teacher of ICT Courses: Iacopo Falciani
Do you want to take more than one course? Build your own 2-week Course!
Is there any doubt you want to clarify? Contact us (email@example.com or by Facebook); we will try to answer all your questions as soon as possible.